Resin Artist Gift Giving Guide
When my family and friends ask, “what can I give you” I usually say a Michaels Arts & Crafts gift card or a Visa gift card so that I can go buy the supplies I need for my art. Every year I keep hearing how gift cards are too generic of a gift to give. I thought it would be nice to send a list to my family and friends to purchase those supplies for me directly.
I created this Gift Giving Guide from a list of supplies that I use in my studio and LOVE to receive as a gift! Most of these items are replenishable and to have them in stock in my studio makes these items a top priority! I have also included “add-on” items to help you create an amazing gift idea for your loved one!
What supplies do you use in your studio? I would LOVE to hear about your most used, favorite, or least favorite supplies. CONTACT ME and let me know! I would be happy to add your suggestions to this resin gift giving guide.
Supplies you can GIFT to the RESIN Artist in your life!
The number one thing that all resin artists need is RESIN! (This is also the number one item in our resin gift giving guide!)
The Art Resin brand is a high-quality resin designed for artists of all skill levels!
- Easy to use 1:1 mixing ratio.
- UV and HALS stabilized for unparalleled yellowing protection.
- Safe for home use when used in a well-ventilated area.
- No VOCs. No BPA. No fumes. Non-flammable.
- High-gloss. Self-leveling. Formulated specifically for the art.
- Made in the USA.
Another favorite brand of resin is the Art Coat from Stone Coat Countertops. It is effortless to work with, mixes well with alcohol inks and pigment powders, and has a 45-minute working time!
Using paper or plastic cups to mix resin is a thing of the past! Not only are they expensive to keep in stock, but they are bad for our environment and landfills. All resin artists prefer silicone mixing cups.
- SILICONE MEASURING CUPS: BPA-free, 3pcs 100ml graduated reusable silicone measuring cups, smooth, durable nonstick lining, flexible body, and flexible spout measuring beaker silicone cups.
- MINI NONSTICK SILICONE CUPS: BPA-free, 5pcs epoxy resin cups with a volume of around 10ml for small amount liquid mixing use, with a long and deep spout for precise transfer purpose.
- STIRRING STICKS TIP STICKS FINGER COTS:: 10pcs 5.4” epoxy mixing sticks and 10pcs 6” tip sticks to puncture the resin bubbles.
- PLASTIC TRANSFER PIPETTES: 5pcs capacity 3ml, length 6.1” clear plastic dropper.
Alcohol ink is used to color clear resin. These silver and gold metallic alcohol inks are perfect to use in all resin art pieces!
This kit contains a funnel and refillable containers that make it super easy to use the inks without using too much.
Pigment powders are an easy way to create colored resin. This set contains 50 vibrant colors of pigment powders that will last for several projects. They are vegan, cruelty-free, and non-toxic.
ColourArte is one of my FAVORITE brands of pigment powders to use! The colors are bold, vibrant, and mix super easily into resin!
- Vivid “PolyPour “Clear Enamel- Varnish Blend Acrylic Tint-able base perfect for the bloom technique
- 12 15ml jars of Brilliant water-soluble color- milled with mica
- 25- measuring scoops improves accuracy when mixing your own paint
These Jumbo stir sticks are a perfect tool for mixing resin and for coloring resin. I can never have enough of these sticks!
When working with resin, many artists will tape the bottom of their surfaces to help clean up when they are done.
I love this Frog Tape! It is strong enough to hold onto my projects but easy enough to remove when I am ready. It doesn’t leave a residue, and it comes in a storage container to help keep the tape clean and dust-free.
Hand drills are a convenient tool in resin art. Being able to drill holes into finished resin pieces for necklaces and keychains are just a couple of examples of how useful this tool is.
- High Quality & Decent Quantity: Made of premium gold-plated copper leaf, aluminum leaf, copper leaf, THIN & LIGHTWEIGHT, not easy to fade and oxidize, shiny and fabulous. Packed full in 3 nice jars, 10g/0.35oz per jar, a decent quantity for your abundant DIY art projects.
- Premium Tweezers Included: 1 pair of tweezers provided, made of stainless steel, high quality, sturdy and long-lasting. Help handle the shiny foil flakes and other crafting materials like sequins, nail stickers, dry flowers, etc., an indispensable tool for various art projects.
Adding glitter has never been easier! Mix it will clear resin, or try mixing with colored resin for some subtle sparkle effects.
Resin Gift Giving Guide Suggestions
Do you have any suggestions or recommendations to add to our gift giving guide? If so, CONTACT ME… I would LOVE to hear about your favorite products!